Burnetts has specialist capability in the niche superyacht market, providing high-quality full-service advice. Our location in the North of England and use of communications technology allows ready access to our services, and also major benefits in terms of our fees.
Burnetts’ superyacht team is led by Partner Vaughan Jones and includes John Morris, Hazel Phillips and Miranda Hill.
The team draws on the expertise of colleagues throughout the firm who can offer specialist advice as required.
Team members have experience in advising on and drafting contract documents relating to:
- Buying and selling superyachts (memoranda of agreement and legal due diligence)
- Building superyachts (construction contracts and advice on tendering)
- Financing superyacht purchase (loan agreements and associated security)
- Choice of purchase vehicle (including incorporation of offshore companies)
- Delivery and registration (UK and overseas)
- Superyacht management
- Chartering, crewing and employment matters (including agency)
- The resolution of disputes, including disputes relating to superyacht construction, repair, refurbishment and chartering
- Marina and port development.
The team is well versed in advising on contracts and disputes in overseas jurisdictions, (alongside overseas lawyers, as appropriate) and in working with specialist superyacht brokers in all aspects of their business, tax advisers and insurance specialists.