Information is key for clients across our practice areas. GDPR has introduced a new focus on transparency and accountability and our specialists give pragmatic, clear and considered advice to clients on data protection compliance.
For our education and public sector clients, an awareness of Freedom of Information requirements, and an ability to respond appropriately to requests, sits alongside data protection and privacy compliance.
Our expertise covers the following broad areas but, in this complex and developing area of law, we are often asked to advise on issues which may not previously have been considered. We welcome your enquiries whatever the nature of the question with which you are grappling.
Data Protection law
- Data audit – looking at where you are in terms of compliance
- Specific compliance advice for your business and its use of personal data
- Advice on privacy notices/data protection policies and related documents and procedures
- Data protection training across your organisation
- Dealing with data subject requests – generally and on specific issues
- Data sharing – data controller/data processor relationships and compliance
- Data breach advice and support
- Liaison with the Information Commissioner’s Office where required
We offer a Data Protection Officer (DPO) support service to clients who have insufficient internal resource but are required to appoint one. The service can be tailored to your specific requirements and to complement the expertise of your existing staff members.
Freedom of Information
Our expert advice supports and extends our clients' existing knowledge of Freedom of Information legislation.
We can add value by suggesting pro-active Freedom of Information strategies designed to reduce the time and cost associated with responding to requests for information.
Our expertise covers:
- Publication schemes/definition documents
- Freedom of Information strategies and policy development
- Advice relating to requests received
- Advice as to the relationship between the data protection legislation and Freedom of Information obligations
E-privacy and cookies
Advice and support with compliance as the regulations across this sector develops.