Difficult, messy and demanding - no amount of internet research or reading can prepare you for dealing with the everyday problems involved in managing people.
Carrying out a grievance investigation, holding a disciplinary hearing or conducting a redundancy interview are challenging for even the most experienced HR practitioner / line manager, especially when they involve long-standing or close colleagues. External HR services on a retained or ad hoc basis can help to protect working relationships and bring independence to a difficult HR process.
Whether you’re a small business owner with no in-house HR function or an HR professional yourself, Burnetts’ HR Consultants brings both invaluable insight and practical support. What’s more, our HR Consultants are backed up by a team of five employment law solicitors. You can be confident the guidance you’re given is reliable and robust, and that you’re not going to have to double-check their advice with your lawyers.
Getting HR right isn’t just a matter of professional pride, there are real organisational risks from a mis-handled HR process, with consequences ranging from damaged working relationships at one end of the scale to a costly Employment Tribunal claim at the other end.
Examples of HR services for which we can provide independent support include:
• Disciplinary investigations and report writing;
• Grievance investigations and report writing;
• Redundancy projects;
• Policy and procedure review and implementation projects;
• Performance management interviews;
• Managing difficult relationships and mediation;
• Absence management, including assistance with Occupational Health referrals / GP medical reports and return to work interviews
• Bespoke training on a variety of topics