As the planning system becomes increasingly complex, time-consuming and expensive, it is more important than ever that planning applicants take professional advice throughout the planning process: expert advice early on could save a significant amount of money, time and stress. Burnetts has a full service planning team to support clients at all stages of the planning process.
The team includes two senior planning consultants and two experienced planning lawyers who provide an end to end planning service to homeowners, landowners, commercial developers and housebuilders. Our team can provide support on every aspect of the planning process from pre-application advice to advocacy at public inquiries.
Areas of advice include:
• Residential – advice on small–scale, domestic planning issues through to large-scale residential developments
• Agricultural – support on issues such as prior notification applications, access, the use of land
• Commercial – guidance on retail and industrial schemes
• Housing associations – advice on new-build residential developments
Planning Consultants Bruce Armstrong-Payne and Daniel Addis joined Burnetts in 2016. They have hands-on experience of the planning system, having both spent much of their careers in senior roles within local authorities. With their intricate knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the planning process, they are strongly placed to provide specialist advice on:
• the practicalities of the planning process;
• feasibility studies;
• land evaluations;
• the appointment of specialist consultants; and
• the preparation and submission of planning applications.
Working alongside Daniel and Bruce are Robbie Mather and Doug Claxton: Robbie is the only property lawyer in Cumbria to be recognised by Chambers and Partners, a prestigious national guide to law firms; meanwhile Doug is the only lawyer in Cumbria with membership of Solicitors Regulation Authority's select Planning Law Accreditation Scheme. Doug has represented clients on numerous planning inquiries, both large and small including representing local authorities on planning issues and inquiries.
Doug has a particular interest in renewable energy projects and has represented a number of local authorities on appeals against the refusal of planning permission for wind turbines.
Download Burnetts' planning services leaflet here.