Office Administrator – Carlisle
Burnetts are one of the biggest and most progressive law firms in the North of England. We are looking to recruit an Office Administrator to provide a comprehensive, efficient and high-quality support to meet the needs of the business. The role will be based at our Carlisle office on a full-time basis.
The Office Administrator will work as a support to all members of staff across all of our branches and will liaise efficiently with all within the firm. The main duties of the role are as follows:
- To undertake a wide variety of administration tasks to support the services of firm as directed by the Operations Manager.
- To undertake the scanning and collating of all post into and out of our Head Office at Carlisle and to assist with branch post where necessary.
- To have an efficient and effective understanding of the different postal systems used by the firm.
- To liaise efficiently with contractors and suppliers supporting a wide range of services across the firm.
- To prepare documents and spreadsheets to support the various teams within the firm.
- To provide cover in our Welcome Hub and other general admin tasks as and when required.
- To assist with catering facilities for staff and client meetings when requested.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as the Operations Manager shall from time to time determine. However, such other duties will be reasonable in relation to the to the skills and abilities of the post holder.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to appreciate and respect the confidential nature of the job.
- Ability to produce documents and spreadsheets from both audio and longhand, neatly and well presented.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Effective telephone skills.
- Ability to take notes when required.
- Ability to use the PC network and various software packages.
- Ability to schedule appointments.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Liaison skills – in dealing with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to remain calm in a hectic situation and to always remain competent and composed.
- Ability to work well within a team structure as well as independently when required.
What do we offer?
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate in a forward-thinking law firm with a well-established client base. We will provide you with a competitive salary, pension, 25-days holiday and a Medicash healthcare plan; in addition, we will even give you your birthday off every year too!
Our values of Committed, Accessible, Grounded and Expert help to engender a culture of providing excellent client service within a caring and supportive internal environment. Please see our website for further information about who we are and what we value at: https://www.burnetts.co.uk
To apply please click here
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carlisle CA1 2ST (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19