Due to the continued growth and success of our Education team, we are looking to recruit to the new role of Payroll Manager. This role will predominantly be based at our Penrith office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of payroll software, processes and procedures, providing payroll expertise within the department. The role involves delivering an accurate and timely payroll service provision to our education clients.
What you will do:
- Provide technical payroll expertise to deliver best practice within the payroll service provision.
- Assist in the design and implementation of payroll processes and procedures
- Manage payroll delivery in line with defined payroll schedules
- Create and maintain accurate payroll system records
- Payroll input and processing for multiple clients
- End to end payroll processing
- Manage a team of payroll administrators
- Liaise with external bodies including HMRC, pension providers & other third parties
- Maintain knowledge of current and new Payroll Legislation
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Resolve payroll queries efficiently
- Compliance of Statutory, Financial and Audit obligations
What you need to have:
- Numerate and literate / Educated to GCSE (or equivalent)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Payroll Management experience within the Education Sector
- Experience of running and managing multiple payrolls
- Experience of implementing and managing payroll software
- Experience of operating integrated HR and Payroll Systems
- Knowledge of School Terms and Conditions
- Experience in a customer facing environment
Objectives of the Role
- Support the Head of Department in the implementation of payroll services for our clients
- To represent the Payroll lead professional within the service
- To maintain an accurate and timely payroll provision to education clients
If you would like to join our team and be part of a forward-thinking firm with a great working environment, please forward a letter of application and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the closing date: Friday 21 February 2020.
Interviews will be held during w/c 24 February 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, or would like further guidance, please do not hesitate to contact Kate Sowerby on 01228 552222.
Thank you for your interest in working at Burnetts.