Burnetts logo

Regulatory Information

Burnetts Solicitors is a partnership and the expression "partner" means (unless the context requires otherwise) a partner in Burnetts. Our principal place of business is Victoria House, Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle.CA1 2ST. A list of partners is available for inspection at that address and also here.

Burnetts Solicitors is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). Our SRA numbers are:


Victoria House, Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle. CA1 2ST
Hadrian House, Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle. CA1 2ST 

517571  - Milburn House, Dean Street, Newcastle. NE1 1LE

591641 - Unit 6, Hobson Court, Gillan Way, Penrith. CA11 9GQ

534917 - 3c Lakeland Business Park, Cockermouth. CA13 0QT

Burnetts is subject to the the Solicitors Code of Conduct 2011.

Our partners, associate solicitors and assistant solicitors are all qualified solicitors as defined by Sections 1 and 87 of the Solicitors Act 1974. They are individually registered with our professional body and subject to our professional rules.

Our legal executives are fellows of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and are subject to its code of conduct.

We are committed to maintaining the highest professional standards and providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. A complaint can show us how to do better. If something goes wrong, we want to know about it and put it right as quickly as we can.

If you want to make a complaint, please contact our Compliance Manager, Emma Walker, by telephone on 01228 552222, by email at ewa@burnetts.co.uk or by post at Victoria House, Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle.CA1 2ST. If you have special requirements which we should take into account due to language or disability, please let us know. If you do need to complain, we will deal with it according to our complaints procedure, a copy of which can be viewed here.

For certain activities, Burnetts is also authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  Our FCA number is 117030.  If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

If you are a client and we have made a contract with you by electronic means (website, email, etc.) you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. This service may be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr.

Our VAT number is 256 3123 76.