How to make a complaint

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.

If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

Please contact our Head of Compliance, Lydia Sutton, by telephone on 01228 552222, by email at or by post at Victoria House, Wavell Drive, Rosehill, Carlisle. CA1 2ST.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.

If you have, the Scheme Rules regarding time limits state that you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • One year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • One year from the date when the complaint should have realised that there was cause for complaint

The Legal Ombudsman retains the ability to apply Rule 4.7, which allows an Ombudsman to exercise discretion to extend the 1 year time limit for specific customers if, on the evidence, it was fair and reasonable to do so.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them using the details below.

Contact details


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm

Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ