We’re very proud to have an Environmental Social Governance (ESG) Group of staff volunteers which manages the three areas of our ESG agenda: Charity, Community and Environment, and over the last year, our ESG group has implemented lots of little changes that we hope will together have a big impact.
In 2023, our ESG Group:
- Changed our hand towels, A4 note pads and pens to ones made from recycled paper.
- Swapped our hand wash for an eco alternative.
- Made temperature adjustments in our server rooms and HVAC systems to reduce our electricity use.
- Introduced crisp packet, sweet wrapper, pen, glass and battery recycling.
- Introduced energy efficient printers saving 1.6 tonnes of CO2 per year.
- Introduced biodegradable bin bags.
- Replaced the lights at our Cockermouth office – our new ones use 80% less energy than the old ones.
- Introduced a laptop recycling scheme resulting in the planting of 45 trees.
- Adopted a Cloud First based IT infrastructure which on average uses 88% less CO2.
A massive thanks to our ESG Group for all its hard work and to our team for embracing all these positive changes. Here’s to more in 2024!