Wills, Probate & Trusts
Everyone should make a will; there are real benefits from doing so. Don’t make a mistake by writing it yourself, have it prepared professionally.
Burnetts Solicitors in Carlisle, Penrith, West Cumbria and Newcastle will provide you with expert, accredited advice on how best to provide for your partner, your children and other members of the family. We will also advise you as to inheritance tax liabilities and ways to mitigate these liabilities.
We are also experts in the administration of estates and taking the burden of that work from your shoulders at what can be an upsetting time.
Burnetts fields a team with "real strength in-depth, exceptional interpersonal skills and a confident, competent approach." Legal 500 2016
Our service includes:
- Will preparation
- Inheritance tax advice and planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Trust creation
- Administration of estates
- Home visits
Our disputes team can also help in the case of disagreements arising from the interpretation of a will or the division of an estate.
We are delighted to be an accredited member of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQs). This shows that we follow best practice procedures to meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service in providing tailored wills and probate advice to consumers.
- We will not pressure you into buying more complex advice that is not in your best interests.
- Our dedicated wills and probate service is tailored to your needs. We will explain the process, options, costs and likely timescales.
- We will keep you up-to-date using your preferred method of communication.
- Accredited solicitors and other staff complete mandatory training on the WIQs standard and show compliance through annual re-accreditation and ongoing enforcement checks by the Law Society.
Read more about why you should choose Burnetts as a WIQs accredited firm.