Information Commissioner’s Office Annual Report
Natalie Ruane looks at the Information Commissioner's Office Annual Report which was published in July.
In July the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) published its Annual Report. The Report refers to the strengthening of the Information Commissioner’s regulatory powers such as powers to compulsorily audit NHS bodies for their data handling and a change in the law making it easier to issue fines to companies behind nuisance calls and texts.
The Report also refers to some key statistics for the financial year 2014/15. These include:
- 14,268 data protection concerns received
- 195,431 helpline calls answered
- 11.4% rise in the number of concerns raised about nuisance calls and texts
- 1,177 information requests responded to
- 41 audits conducted of data controllers and
- £1,078,500 total for fines issued of which £386,000 were to companies behind nuisance calls or texts.
The Report can be read in full on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/our-information/annual-reports/
About the author
Natalie is a Partner and leads the Employment Law & HR team and specialises in education.
Published: Friday 14th August 2015
Categorised: Information Law