Record number of recommendations for Burnetts’ lawyers
A record number of Burnetts’ lawyers have today been recommended by The Legal 500’s latest guide to the legal profession.
The prestigious legal sector “bible” now includes 21 lawyers at the Cumbrian law firm and warmly praises 10 different teams for their legal expertise and client care. In 2016, 17 lawyers were recognised.
Four of the firm’s teams warrant the highest Top Tier ranking: the “standout” Corporate and Commercial; “truly pragmatic” Commercial Litigation, “unfailingly excellent” Commercial Property and “exceptional” Education teams are all top ranked in the region. Burnetts maintains its position as the only firm in Cumbria to be recommended for its specialisms in Education and Clinical Negligence.
Reaching the Legal 500 rankings for the first time in 2017 are: Joanne McKenzie for her “excellent knowledge of the agricultural sector”, the “absolutely brilliant” Helen Hayward, Rob Winder, Sally Johnson, Tracy Stainton and Sue Scott.
Nick Gutteridge, Burnetts’ Managing Partner, himself recommended for his work in the Court of Protection, said, “Over the last year we have invested heavily in growing our teams and it’s fantastic to see some of those new recruits like Sally Johnson and Sue Scott being recognised for their excellent work here. It’s also good to see our home-grown talent flourishing – Tracy Stainton, and many of the others ranked today, began their legal careers with Burnetts. We are extremely grateful to the clients who took time to take part in the Legal 500 research and gave the researchers such thoughtful and positive feedback.”
Law firms are included in the Legal 500 on merit alone. The rankings are the culmination of many months of research and interviews with law firms and, most importantly, their clients.
Also ranked in the Legal 500 2017 are:
- John Noctor, Head of Corporate who “excels in his role”.
- Vaughan Jones, Partnership Chair who “makes communication easy” .
- Michael Walby, Corporate Partner: he “brings energy and passion to all the work he does”.
- James Johnston, Head of Dispute Resolution was described as “authoritative and intelligent”, having “good tactical judgment” and being “thorough, attentive, detailed and a strategic thinker”.
- Kuba Strycharczyk, Employment & HR Partner - “able to convey complex legal issues with ease and understanding”.
- Commercial Property Partner Robbie Mather was praised for being “genuinely invaluable” and providing “outstanding support and an unmatchable energy alongside an ability to communicate difficult legal matters in plain English.”
- The “absolutely excellent” Head of Medical Negligence and Serious Injury Angela Curran
- Head of Property, Richard Miller: “very professional manner”
- Simon Mortimer, Head of Family: “highly considerate and very thorough”
- Amy Fallows, Family Partner was praised because her “knowledge and understanding of the sector is exceptional”
- Patricia Hall, Practising Consultant was described as “intellectual and assertive” and “a truly exceptional lawyer”
Further information on the Legal 500 rankings can be found at http://www.legal500.com/c/north/overview
Published: Wednesday 11th October 2017
Categorised: Personal Disputes, Victoria Place , Agribusiness, Corporate Law, Cases involving children, Commercial Property, Construction, Court of Protection, Debt Recovery, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Divorce and separation, Education, Employment, Family Law, HR, Living Together, Legal Services in Newcastle, Medical Negligence, Penrith, Public Sector, West Cumbria, Practice News