“Value for money” Burnetts tops Legal 500 rankings
Seventeen lawyers at Cumbria law firm Burnetts have been recognised by a prestigious, national guide to the UK legal profession.
In the latest edition of the Legal 500, published today, lawyers across ten areas of legal specialism were recommended with Burnetts’ expertise in “Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate” being recognised for the first time.
Four of the firm’s teams warrant a Top Tier ranking: Corporate and Commercial; Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property and Education are all top ranked in the region. Burnetts continues to be the only firm in Cumbria to be recommended for its specialisms in Education and Clinical Negligence.
Former Senior Partner John Morris is again included in the elite list of “Leading Individuals” while “speedy and tenacious” Diane Barnes (Agribusiness), Amy Fallows (Family), Emma Baker and Martyn Wrightson (both of the “confident, competent” Wills, Probate & Trusts team) are recommended for the first time.
Nick Gutteridge, Burnetts’ Managing Partner said, “We have some fantastic and talented lawyers at Burnetts – it is very fulfilling to see them acknowledged. For organisations and individuals looking for the best legal advice in the region, a Legal 500 ranking is a reliable sign of a top law firm, one which is valued by its clients, as well as recognised by its peers. I hope that the number of Legal 500 firms in the County will also demonstrate to ambitious professionals that there are excellent firms and career opportunities here in Cumbria.”
Also ranked are:
• John Noctor, Head of Corporate, described as able to “communicate complex matters in a non-technical way”;
• Simon Mortimer, Head of Family for his “extensive experience”;
• “Highly competent” Kuba Strycharczyk, Head of Employment & HR;
• Head of Medical Negligence and Serious Injury Angela Curran who is “driven, efficient and approaches the investigative side of a case with precision and acumen”;
• Patricia Hall, praised for her “thoroughness, diligence and analysis”;
• James Johnston, Head of Dispute Resolution, “provides very measured but firm advice”; and
• Tony Lake, Natalie Ruane, Joanne Stronach Richard Miller, Michael Walby and Robbie Mather.
Law firms are included in the Legal 500 on merit alone. Further information on the Legal 500 rankings can be found at http://www.legal500.com/c/north/overview
Published: Wednesday 14th September 2016
Categorised: Agribusiness, Corporate Law, Cases involving children, Commercial Property, Dispute Resolution, Divorce and separation, Education, Employment, Family Law, HR, Legal Services in Newcastle, Medical Negligence, Penrith, West Cumbria, Wills, Probate & Trusts, Practice News