Tourism and leisure
Tourism is one of Cumbria’s most important industries, employing more than 30,000 people and bringing more than £2 billion into the Cumbrian economy.
Burnetts’ Tourism and Leisure cross-discipline team supports the sector with grounded, expert and specialist legal advice. Working for a vast and diverse range of leisure and tourism clients including hotels, B&Bs, restaurants, licensed traders, visitor attractions, leisure operators and tourism membership groups; the team’s experience includes:
- Sales and acquisitions of numerous hotels and B&Bs throughout Cumbria within the Lake District, Eden and Carlisle Districts, such as the transfer of a Windermere hotel with a value in excess of £1million.
- Sales of various restaurants.
- Due diligence of the property and business to enable businesses to be financed or re-financed.
- Drafting seasonal and permanent employment contracts for hotels and a holiday park.
- Advising hotels and B&Bs in respect of seasonal and foreign workers.
- Advising restaurant’s and B&Bs through employment tribunals.
- Advising a leading Lake District Hotel Group on dispute and dismissal issues.
- Providing employment law training to line managers for tourism clients.
- Advice relating to holiday cottage agency disputes over negative Trip Advisor reviews.
- Advice relating to leisure and tourism issues for fitness and nightclub businesses.
- Representing hotel and public house claims at licensing committees and Council Tribunal hearings.
Burnetts is a member of Cumbria Tourism and Keswick Tourism Association and also works closely with several other tourism organisations in the Lake District. In 2012, the team co-hosted an ‘Essential Law for Tourism’ event with West Cumbria Tourism and in 2013 and in 2014 Burnetts was featured on the speakers’ programme for the Lakes Hospitality Show.
For further information contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01228 552222.