David is a solicitor in the Dispute Resolution team.
West Cumbrian David Tew joined the dispute resolution team in 2016 as a solicitor.
A graduate from the University of Wales, David completed his solicitor training at HFT Gough & Co, qualifying as a solicitor in 2014 before joining the property litigation team of Veale Wasbrough Vizards in Bristol. There he worked for a variety of clients including government agencies, education sector bodies, commercial and residential landlords and private clients. Examples of David’s recent work include:
- advising on possession orders for commercial and residential property owners;
- dealing with commercial lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act ;
- advising on dilapidations claims and preparing release documentation for tenants;
- providing advice on boundary disputes; and
- evicting squatters from education sites
A member of the Property Litigation Association and the Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association, David’s role at Burnetts includes advising on contentious probate and Inheritance Act claims as well as professional negligence and property litigation.
Outside of the firm, David is an active member of Keswick Hockey Club and enjoys playing golf and rock climbing.